How to Find Great Special Events
Special Events are a profitable source of income for food truck businesses. They work not only as a lucrative business but also as a marketing tool. Your food truck can be very successful at the right gathering, and also spread the word about your business. However, finding a catering opportunity can be challenging. What event is right for you, how much it costs to participate, and what time of year are all factors, among other things.
Here are some tips for finding the right events for you:
- Do some research into each gathering before committing: Who the audience is, what other vendors, and how your food truck complements the event are all very important factors
- Be cautious of first-time events. Sometimes, the first-time can be disorganized and poorly attended. This is another opportunity to do research to make sure it is worth your time and investment.
- Plan far in advance and keep your eye on event websites. The most well-run events post food vendor applications months in advance.
- Look into social media like Facebook to find preplanned events. Nowadays social media is a good source of information for finding out about future occasions.
- Register on websites such as Roaming Hunger that automatically match your food truck with catering events happening around your area.
- Get involved in your area’s gathering planning committees, for first dibs on great gatherings.
In this post, we gave you a sneak pick of the sources that you can proactively use to get into events. Although, only knowing how to find the occasions is not enough and completing the application and planning for these gatherings has its own process. We would like to discuss these subjects in our future posts.
We at Venture Food Trucks are dedicated to helping you to succeed in your venture. Please contact us with your questions at 1.855.405.2324.