Sustainable Food Trucks Beyond the Basics
Have you ever thought of ways to make your food truck sustainable? In our previous blog, we touched the basics of an eco-friendly food truck, but sustainability doesn’t have a rigid definition. Although the basics are important there are many creative ways of approaching sustainability when it comes to managing your Food truck business.
According to Wikipedia “Sustainability is the ability to exist constantly. In the 21st century, it refers generally to the capacity for the biosphere and human civilization to coexist.”
Thinking green is beyond the basics. It’s changing your business perspective from the inside out. Here are some ways to create a sustainable food truck environment:
- Maintaining your food truck – regular Oil changes, and vehicle inspections
- Thinking about the proper use of energy and resources – do not overuse your electrical or gas. If an appliance can be turned down or off, do so.
- Changing your kitchen culture in regards to food – Consider multiple menu items that incorporate the same food products to eliminate waste.
- Sustaining the area that you use to operate your food truck – Consider recycling bins for your customers.
- Sourcing local produce as much as possible
If you have new ideas of how to operate we encourage you to share with us. We at Venture Food Trucks, implement your solutions in our builds in the most innovative ways. Call us at 18554052324 or contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org